188th Wing announces Outstanding Airmen of the Year winners
By Tech. Sgt. John E. Hillier, 188th Wing Public Affairs
/ Published February 01, 2019
EBBING AIR NATIONAL GUARD BASE, Ark. -- The 188th Wing announced its 2018 Outstanding Airmen of the Year during a ceremony held recently at the Red Horse Training Center here.
The Airmen selected are recognized for their consistent performance above expectations and setting the standard for their fellow Airmen to meet.
“Each year, the 188th Wing seeks to recognize the Air Force core values of integrity, service and excellence,” said Col. Robert I. Kinney, 188th Wing commander. “The Airmen chosen here have done great things for us, and we can’t wait to see what they’ll accomplish next.”
These honorees, selected from across the nearly 1000 men and women in the wing, are:
- Junior Enlisted Airman of the Year: Airman 1st Class Alyssa E. Tidwell, 188th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Squadron
- Noncommissioned Officer of the Year: Staff Sgt. Jaime Flores, 188th Security Forces Squadron
- Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year: Master Sgt. Derek A. Nietert, 188th Security Forces Squadron
- First Sergeant of the Year: Master Sgt. Michael Stephens, 188th Medical Group
- Company Grade Officer of the Year: Capt. Phillip J. Stevens, 188th Operations Group
- Field Grade Officer of the Year: Maj. James B. Stewart IV, 188th Operations Group
In addition to winning at the wing level, Tidwell, Nietert and Stephens were named winners for the Arkansas Air National Guard, and will advance to the national-level competition in Washington D.C.
Editor's Note: This story has been updated to include Capt. Stevens' photo, which was inadvertently omitted from the original report.