Chief Master Sgt. Donald E. Frederick is the command chief master sergeant for the 188th Wing and is responsible for advising the wing commander on issues affecting the morale, welfare and effectiveness of the wing’s approximately 850 enlisted members. He serves as a two-way conduit of information between the wing commander and the enlisted force. The chief also advises the commander on matters that could adversely impact enlisted personnel, with the objective of minimizing issues which could negatively affect mission readiness. Additionally, Chief Frederick works closely with other chief master sergeants, first sergeants and senior NCOs across the wing.
Chief Frederick enlisted in the United States Air Force in January of 1984 as an Aircraft Crew Chief. He spent the bulk of his career on the flight line crewing the F-4C, F-16A, F-16C, A-10A, and A-10C jet aircraft. His experience garnered him increasing responsibilities, culminating in serving as the Superintendent of Aircraft Maintenance. He deployed multiple times in support of operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. With the 188th Wing’s conversion from A-10s to the MQ-9 Reaper remotely piloted aircraft and an Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance mission, Chief Frederick was chosen to serve as the newly-established 153rd Intelligence Squadron’s Superintendent, in which he provided leadership and expertise key to establishing the Air Force’s first space-focused targeting squadron.
Prior to assuming his current position, the Chief was the Superintendent, 153rd Intelligence Squadron, 188th Wing, Ebbing Air National Guard Base, Fort Smith, Arkansas.
1984 Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
1984 Aircraft Maintenance Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1986 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1990 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1998 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2014 Geospatial-Intelligence Analyst Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2015 Targeting Intelligence Formal Training Unit Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2015 Associate of Applied Science, Intelligence Analysis, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2015 Associate of Applied Science, Aircraft Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course I, U.S. Joint Forces Command, Norfolk, Va., by correspondence
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course II, U.S. Joint Forces Command, Norfolk, Va., by correspondence
1. September 1983–February 1984, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. March 1984–June 1984, Student, Technical Training School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. July 1984–July 1985, Non-Powered Aircraft Ground Equipment Technician, 188th Tactical Fighter Group, Ebbing ANGB, Ark.
4. August 1985–March 2002, Aircraft Crew Chief, 188th Fighter Wing, Ebbing ANGB, Ark.
5. April 2002–March 2004, Phase Dock Lead, 188th Fighter Wing, Ebbing ANGB, Ark.
6. April 2004–January 2011, Flight Chief, 188th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 188th Wing, Ebbing ANGB, Ark. (June 2005–August 2005, Production Superintendent, 332 Air Expeditionary Wing, Balad Air Base, Iraq, March 2010–June 2010, Aircraft Maintenance Flight Chief, 451st Air Expeditionary Wing, Kandahar AB, Afghanistan)
7. February 2011–October 2013, Superintendent, 188th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 188th Fighter Wing, Ebbing ANGB, Ark., (June 2012–October 2012, NCOIC, Aircraft Generation Squadron, 455th Air Expeditionary Wing, Bagram AB, Afghanistan)
8. October 2013–April 2019, Superintendent, 153rd Intelligence Squadron, 188th Wing, Ebbing ANGB, Ark.
9. April 2019–Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 188th Wing, Ebbing ANGB, Ark.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Army Achievement Medal
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Arkansas Commendation Medal
Arkansas Federal Service Ribbon with diamond
Arkansas Service Ribbon with five diamonds
Arkansas Emergency Service Ribbon
2010 Senior Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year, 188th Fighter Wing, Ebbing ANGB, Ark.
2015 Outstanding Contributor, Geospatial-Intelligence Analyst Course, 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic Sept. 30, 1983
Airman March 30, 1984
Airman First Class Sept. 30, 1984
Senior Airman Oct. 10, 1985
Staff Sergeant Oct. 10, 1988
Technical Sergeant Oct. 12, 1992
Master Sergeant Jan. 30, 2002
Senior Master Sergeant May 5, 2004
Chief Master Sergeant March 12, 2011
(Current as of July 2019)